The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Schneider PC-TS Super-Angulon 4.5 / 28 HM USER REPORT ?

drb

any news ?
Well I spoke with one of the US Schneider Optics reps at CES a couple of days ago while I played with their 50mm and 90mm T&S lenses. She said that she hadn't received a specific update from Germany, but was thinking the 28mm might be released in the summer. She said she had handled a prototype, and the lens will be heavier than the 50mm.

drb

heavier ? then it will be huge on a Leica M

thank you
I played with both the 50mm and 90mm T&S at CES. The 50mm is already quite heavy, and you really need to use the tripod mounting collar. Thus, the lens stays fixed in position and you end up manipulating (tilting/shifting) the camera body which was not so natural for me. The 90mm although large, is not so heavy and you can just mount the camera body to the tripod and manipulate the lens as you would expect. With the 28mm being heavier than the 50mm, it will indeed be a beast.