The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon on D600's sensor dust

dmeckert

defs have a nice crust forming on my sensor in the typically afflicted areas.

kinda avoided the d800 'cause i didn't want to spend ages sending my brand new camera to nikon to get it working properly. now i'm going to have to anyway most likely. though i prefer dust to questionable focus (i know WAY too many people who have had their camera mis-repaired several times on that issue).

three cheers for progress i suppose.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The thing is that it only takes a wet clean to remove any crud. Nothing new other than the miracle shake clean didn't work due to the spatter I suppose.

I had one sticky spot that cleaned right up and no further issues. However, kudos to Nikon to at least acknowledge customer concerns. It must obviously have been hurting sales otherwise they'd still deny that any issue MIGHT exist. :rolleyes:

dmeckert

The thing is that it only takes a wet clean to remove any crud. Nothing new other than the miracle shake clean didn't work due to the spatter I suppose.

I had one sticky spot that cleaned right up and no further issues. However, kudos to Nikon to at least acknowledge customer concerns. It must obviously have been hurting sales otherwise they'd still deny that any issue MIGHT exist. :rolleyes:
that's what i'm hoping. it hasn't gotten to critical mass yet. lol