The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone cut the nose off the Nikon?

spotmeter

I have no use for the pop-up flash on my Nikon D800E and the housing for this protrudes out over the aperture ring on my Zeiss lenses so that I have trouble seeing what aperture they are set at.

I was thinking of having the pop-up flash removed and the 'nose' with the large Nikon name in white cut off so that I can see the aperture ring.

Has anyone done this?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
You can't be serious, but in case you are... I would say it would be cheaper to switch to ZF.2 versions of your lenses, and then you see the aperture in your viewfinder AND can select it with the Nikon command wheel. Cutting the nose off will probably not be doable since there's electric wire looms and circuits tucked in there, and then it will open your camera guts to the elements; it will definitely kill the value of your body by half or more. Way cheaper (and wiser) to make the ZF to ZF.2 switch IMHO...

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

I was definitely thinking of the ol' dog, I just couldn't find your pictures of your 5D with shaved mirror :D

Shashin

Try it and post the results.

:watch:

Just make sure the capacitor is discharged or you may be in for a shock...

Last edited: