The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon 70-200 2.8 VRII

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Just rented a lens for a gig in July and need a Arca style lens plate. Looking for a cheap one for my monopod since it is a rental lens want to avoid a big deal here. Any cheap ideas.

BTW rented from Lensrentals for 12 days less than 200 bucks. A lens not worth buying for my needs but certainly worth renting when needed.

markhout

For this kind of machined stuff (including adapters for filters etc) I use eBay. Shipping from China takes a while though. Look for a US based seller. Amazon marketplace may be helpful as well. My $0.02.

gurtch

Sorry, i copied and pasted the web site, but I messed up. It is rainbowimaging. They may have what you need.
Dave

D&A

As Dave Gurtch mentioned above, I've ordered products from Rainbowimaging and the imported made products (shipped within the U.S.), arrived promptly and without issue.

Dave (D&A)

robsteve

Subscriber
Just in case you have some old plates around, some of the generic Really Right Stuff plates fit it as well. I don't have it in front of me, but the one for the Leica 105-280mm and 70-180mm fits the Nikon zoom. I think it may be the B76 or something similar.