The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A Happy and a Thank You

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Yeah, you know, in 1998 Branson and I made our last attempt ... nahh I'm such a big liar ... :p
It was in fact just a small tourist jump in Egypt in 2007, but I can tell you it was great and I would really like to go up again. The burner is very noisy but when the air in the balloon is sufficiently warm and you can turn off the burner, then it is so silent and nice and peaceful - the perfect photography anti shake system.
Every photographer should have one :D

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
There are a couple of balloon festivals around here in December, and I've tried to get a trip with one of them, but all the pretty girls who assist at the festival get priority. I wonder why.... :confused:

Arne Hvaring

Just chiming in to wish all the nice people on this forum all the best and a happy 2009 and greetings from the Côte d'Azur where we're celebrating the new year.
Juan les Pins yesterday evening.

Last edited:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Hey Arne, thanks, and please say hello to Côte d'Azur from me, the shore area from Juan les Pins to Ventimiglia is my favourite spot on Earth. I miss it and I envy you spending the new year celebration there. Clever planning :lecture: Enjoy :thumbup:

Maarten

A little on the late side, but:

Happy New Year and all the best wishes for 2009! Thanks Jack & Guy for running this forum and thanks to all the participants for the informative and entertaining posts!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Juan les Pins hmmmm.... I seem to remember that I stopped there for a few moments to visit my sister during my teenage Interrail years. Didn't find her though, but I believe she was having fun :)

When winter came, she moved on to Alpe d'Huez, where I did find her. That was a fun place :D

I didn't bring a camera though :(