Site Sponsors

Thread: Nikon 135mm DC

Post Thanks / Like

Nikon 135mm DC

I bought this lens from Guy recently and man, I am really loving it. I don't think it is super sharp, micro contrast or saturated but there is a special character that is for me, really appealing.

Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Nikon 135mm DC

And you doing a excellent job with it. Nice shots
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

This might actually replace the Zeiss 100 MP Zf.2 that was my go to lens for portrait. Both have their unique character. So hard to choose.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Vincent, lovely portraits of your children! Both the 105 DC and 135mm DC are two of my all time favorite lenses for 35mm SLR's in the way they render an image, especailly portraits and as guy mentioned, you're using these lenses to your advantage. Very nice!

Dave (D&A)

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, thanks. Actually, the weird thing is, when I first snapped the pictures and viewed them on the camera, I did not really see anything special. In fact, it looked a little washed out. Bring them to LR and see how nice the IQ is. Little adjustment is all that is needed.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VINCET View Post
    Dave, thanks. Actually, the weird thing is, when I first snapped the pictures and viewed them on the camera, I did not really see anything special. In fact, it looked a little washed out. Bring them to LR and see how nice the IQ is. Little adjustment is all that is needed.
    That's generally the case (although not always), that when using lenses that have a known or unique signature, they often times appear mediocre or lacking something when viewed on the rear LCD but when fully opened up on the screen, their intricacies in the way they present an image is clearly seen. I've especially noticed this with lenses that have a degree of spherical aberration and thus result in what is often referred to Leica glow. Simply look soft on rear LCD but for some subjects, look marvelous on screen or in print. The Nikon DC lenses are certainly in that special group of optics in my opinion.

Dave (D&A)

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got some time to play with the 135mm again, this time, mounted on the M 240. With the EVF, it is actually not too bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Great shots. Maybe I can add to the regrets for Guy selling his. I am surprised he did, but I saw he got a Zeiss. Hard to go wrong with that for sure.

Well, I don't have a subject as darling as your daughter, so I did some landscapes today instead.

D3X/135DC

Last edited by Photojazz; 20th October 2013 at 19:56.
    /M-TP240/MM+Luxious trinity(24:35:50) + 75 2.0 APO ASPH Cron + Nikon D3X/D700, 58 1.2 noct, 28 1.4d,200VR + Zeiss 35/50/100 + 135mm 2.0 DC, 17-35/24-70/70-200VRII, Einstein studio...
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post