The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus 35 shift with D800 anyone ?

archivue

35mm makes more sense to me than 24 or 45... for an all around shift lens.
i still can't stand why nobody produce a 35mm PC lens nowadays !?

So, i'm looking for someone that tried the old Olympus 35 shift (only) on a D800 !

any review ? any 100% crop ?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
The latest version of the 35 PC Nikkor with black knob is about identical to the Oly 35 shift optical performance-wise, and the Nikkor will be less expensive and more available. The older silver knob Nikkors can be as good as the black knob versions, but their performance is more variable, so be cautioned. End of day, any of these older designs will show lower overall contrast and be more prone to flare than the newer 45 or even 24 PC-E Nikkors.

That said, the Oly shifts differently, via friction slide and may be faster to operate. But optically, I doubt you'll see much difference.

archivue

End of day, any of these older designs will show lower overall contrast and be more prone to flare than the newer 45 or even 24 PC-E Nikkors.

yes, but still no 35 PC-E...
canon users can put the 24 TS-E II on the 1,4x... quite good !
but in the nikon's camp, i don't think something similar exist !?