The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digital Nikon FM2

JSRockit

This is exciting if true and if Nikon can pull it off. Not so excited if it is just another Nikon DSLR with modern controls.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Digital Nikon F3

F3 :eek:

I think I need to lie down :shocked:

©lick for actual pixels

© • Nikon D300 • AI-S Nikkor 2.5/105mm • 1/60 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX

© • Nikon D300 • AI-S Nikkor 2.5/105mm • 1/60 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 400 • Capture NX

© • Nikon D300 • AI-S Nikkor 2.8/28mm • 1/60 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX

© • Nikon D300 • AI-S Nikkor 2.5/105mm • 1/15 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX

© • Nikon D300 • AI-S Nikkor 2.5/105mm • 1/6 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/50mm G • 1/13 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I'll probably buy one regardless of what body it actually does (or does not) emulate -- it'll be cool and it'll take Nikon lenses! :D

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
:ROTFL: I had one of those too -- for about a week. The image was so small I don't think I ever even finished an entire pack of polaroid with it! It was decent for checking lighting and that was about all I can say that was good about it.

Swissblad

Thanks for posting those pix, Steen - it really shows how enormous modern dSLRs have become.

I have long been waiting for a digital FM2 - to use with my old Nikkor lenses - no AF ...... hoping for a good viewfinder!

Looking forward to this release.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Digital Nikon F3

(...) -- it'll be cool and it'll take Nikon lenses! :D

and it will look good

heck, it might even make me look good

think something along the lines of David Hemmings sitting on Vanessa Redgrave's belly :D

Correction: it's actually not Vanessa Redgrave, but Veruschka. See Gandolfi's correction in post # 40, also confirmed by Paul Raphael in post # 45. Thank you, Gandolfi and Paul !

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
:ROTFL: I had one of those too -- for about a week. The image was so small I don't think I ever even finished an entire pack of polaroid with it! It was decent for checking lighting and that was about all I can say that was good about it.
Exactly and we thought we where spoiled just to have that technology than. Today its a cake walk

Before that back shooting Kodachrome i had to meter about 10 lights on a set than guess at everything and pray your butt off till you got film back. Compared to than shooting digital is not even remotely a challenge any more. People don't realize how lucky we have it. :chug:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Digital Nikon F3

I'm already planning to photograph in a desolate park and then find a corpse or its murderer in the image ... :cool:

©lick for blowing up

© • Nikon D800E • Voigtländer Color-Skopar 3.5/20mm SLII Aspherical • 1/125 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Lightroom 4.4

Last edited:

jonoslack

Steen - I was looking on the iTunes store - sure enough, blow up is there . . . . but not the wonderful Zabriskie point (sob)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

:D hey Jono

compared with me you are definitely still a young man :lecture:

with regards to Zabriskie Point you can find it as a DVD on amazon.co.uk - if DVD is a digestible media ?

good hint, btw., I have to see that movie again soon :thumbup:

jonoslack

:D hey Jono

compared with me you are definitely still a young man :lecture:

with regards to Zabriskie Point you can find it as a DVD on amazon.co.uk - if DVD is a digestible media ?

good hint, btw., I have to see that movie again soon :thumbup:
DVD? Okay Steen, perhaps you are younger than me :ROTFL:

We just watched Barry Lyndon the other night - excellent - much better than I remembered it.

Sadly I'm not really in line for this Nikon (all Nikon glass gone). I'll just have to carry on slumming it with the outré Leica M.