The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digital Nikon FM2

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Oops, there you see, I am getting old :rolleyes:

Thank you for the correction, Gandolfi :thumbup:

Looks like I need to see Blow Up again too.

djonesii

Workshop Member
if this is real, color me happy .....
Still have 3 Nikon lenses that did not make the sell off, and would gladly sell the X-Pro1 to get a FF Nikon!

Dave

NotXorc

For me, the digitalFM question boils down to quality and calibration of the pentaprism and screen for manual focusing. I'd like high resolution, but I'd settle for great manual focusing. To me, that would make a dFM a better value proposition than a D600/610. Throwback aesthetics would be a nice sentimental touch, but are entirely unnecessary.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Oops, there you see, I am getting old :rolleyes:

Thank you for the correction, Gandolfi :thumbup:

Looks like I need to see Blow Up again too.
Because of you guys, I'll have to see The Passenger again. Luckily, the penultimate shot is available on tubetube, again and again and again :)

Re: Digital Nikon F3

think something along the lines of David Hemmings sitting on Vanessa Redgrave's belly :D

Yup, it's Veruschka. She was my nextdoor neighbor in Brooklyn for around 8 years. She fed all the neighborhood cats, and I'd sometimes see her working her patio garden wearing fatigues.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay here is the latest update out of Photo Rumors. This sounds nice folks

I feel pretty comfortable with the information I have published so far on the rumored Nikon full frame retro-styled camera. Today I received another list of specifications from a new source that slightly differ from what I have already reported (different battery, LCD screen size, etc):

Will be called Nikon D4H
Will use EN-EL15 battery
3" LCD Screen
EVF/OVF hybrid viewfinder
Can be used with true mirror lock up for non-AI lenses while still allowing viewing through view finder.
New hybrid mechanical shutter
No AA filter
No video in low power mode but otherwise it will have video (?)
Expeed 3A processor
Price: $3,000 for body only, $3,300 for a kit with the new 50mm f/1.8G lens
Black, Black/Sliver and Chrome version will be available
Read

Read more on NikonRumors.com: Nikon Rumors

Ulfric Douglas

"Low Power Mode" = great idea, get around the awkward power consumption of always-on live view cameras while allowing their features to be activated when needed.
Good thinking.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

I don't think the new information from this new Nikon Rumor source sound quite as likely as the information from the earlier sources.

I especially have a hard time believing:

the name
the battery
the lack of blurring filter
the video ability
the price

I tend to trust more the sources "Piggy White" and "Mr. X" in this matter.

V

Vivek

Okay here is the latest update out of Photo Rumors. This sounds nice folks

I feel pretty comfortable with the information I have published so far on the rumored Nikon full frame retro-styled camera. Today I received another list of specifications from a new source that slightly differ from what I have already reported (different battery, LCD screen size, etc):

Will be called Nikon D4H
Will use EN-EL15 battery
3" LCD Screen
EVF/OVF hybrid viewfinder
Can be used with true mirror lock up for non-AI lenses while still allowing viewing through view finder.
New hybrid mechanical shutter
No AA filter
No video in low power mode but otherwise it will have video (?)
Expeed 3A processor
Price: $3,000 for body only, $3,300 for a kit with the new 50mm f/1.8G lens
Black, Black/Sliver and Chrome version will be available
Read

Read more on NikonRumors.com: Nikon Rumors
It sounds nicer to read the comments, especially #1. :)

Lars

Maybe a digital F6? That seems to be the target audience if leaked specs are to be believed. D6 anyone?

greypilgrim

My idealized digital camera for my preferred shooting experience has been an FM2D for years :deadhorse:. IE something that recaptures that experience.

What I've read so far has yet to convince me, but I will hope.

So far, the closest I have come to recreating that shooting experience has been with the Oly Om-D...

Doug

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
My idealized digital camera for my preferred shooting experience has been an FM2D for years :deadhorse:.
And especially if we can cock it with a lever and still use it with a flat battery!

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

greypilgrim

Just like the epson rangefinder that had the lever. I always thought that was a cool idea. Slow down, take A shot...

But if they insist, I guess I can do without it ;).

It would be nice to have a split prism viewfinder though :D.

Doug

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

A member on Nikon Rumors wrote:

"And I want a winder on it. Even if it just ratchets back and forth doing nothing, I want the winder. I would use it between frames just for the memories ... "

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Maybe a digital F6? That seems to be the target audience if leaked specs are to be believed. D6 anyone?
Yes, please :D

However, I suspect that more people would like something more conservative. Too few have tried the F6 to appreciate what a fantastic camera it is.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

DA would be my guess after digital FA.

That might very well turn out to be the name, Vivek, though I have always thought the letter D for digital was an unnecessary part of a Nikon camera model designation.

The letter F on the other hand designates the mount and is therefore the most meaningful part of a model designation for F-mount cameras, imo.

@ Lars and Jorgen: don't you think they will reserve the D6 designation for a successor to the D5 ?

Anyway, what is in a name ...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

That might very well turn out to be the name, Vivek, though I have always thought the letter D for digital was an unnecessary part of a Nikon camera model designation.

The letter F on the other hand designates the mount and is therefore the most meaningful part of a model designation for F-mount cameras, imo.

@ Lars and Jorgen: don't you think they will reserve the D6 designation for a successor to the D5 ?

Anyway, what is in a name ...
I would be happy even if hey called it the F6D :)