The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digital Nikon FM2

Hulyss Bowman

Just found a little pics of it. Did my best at interpolating NCIS style... Look like good form factor, big prism inside maybe an eye-cup or just the prism. Hope the video is done with it too.

Hulyss Bowman

Ok so my first impression based only on the sounds in the video :

#1 >> Exposure knob clicks.

#2 >> Shutter cocking sound.

#3 >> Actuation.

I think they pushed hard on the "energy saving" point by arming the shutter manually. The hybrid term employed in the rumors can be about that. Either you use it ala old school way in the "low power" mode, either you switch in full power mode and it take the control of the shutter and all (Video, rumored 5.5fps ...).

Just my wild guess.

Swissblad

According to NR, it is may be a repackaged D610..... that would be a pity - I really don't like that tight AF cluster.

bmacw

According to NR, it is may be a repackaged D610..... that would be a pity - I really don't like that tight AF cluster.
Nobody said it's a repackaged D610. The rumor already stated the sensors are different.

The new post only suggested the AF system is the same as D610.

The name will be "Nikon DF" | Nikon Rumors

It's also suggested, that it would support 1:1, 2:3, 16:9 ratio. Imagine, it has a hybrid VF for framing and shooting square. IF that's the case, it would probably support some type of AF technology on the sensor.

V

Vivek

There is a remote possibility that it would be a monochrome camera? :confused:

NotXorc

There is a remote possibility that it would be a monochrome camera? :confused:
Since the teaser video was not shot using 'Vivid' picture mode, hope may remain alive. :rolleyes:

Although I would get one if it were monochrome, I do not see the odds as being very good. 16mp monochrome would be really very nice!

V

Vivek

:ROTFL:

A 16mp monochrome is way better than a 36mp "autumn leaves mode" camera (for me), any day! :)

Tim

So IF this camera uses the D4 sensor or something real similar then I we have an existing spec of - 36.0 mm × 23.9 mm CMOS, Nikon FX format, 7.3µm pixel size

As I am keen to get a 18mm to 21mm focal length digital solution the existing Nikon 20mm teamed with a D4 samples will give me an idea of IQ. Does this sound reasonable?

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
So IF this camera uses the D4 sensor or something real similar then I we have an existing spec of - 36.0 mm × 23.9 mm CMOS, Nikon FX format, 7.3µm pixel size

As I am keen to get a 18mm to 21mm focal length digital solution the existing Nikon 20mm teamed with a D4 samples will give me an idea of IQ. Does this sound reasonable?
Yes .

Before the D800 ,Nikon introduced the Nikon D7000 with an APS-C sensor very similar to the FF sensor used in the D800. If you crop a D800 image to a APS C size .....the images look very similar to a D7000 . I expect that you will be able to do a similar comparison with the D7100 and the D4X(?) which would be a 56MP sensor .

You may see some improvements in the camera processor (and firmware ) ...newer usually means better . But..I would expect the IQ to be similar to the D4 .

Godfrey

hmm. I keep hearing about AF and modes and all that stuff.

A digital FM2 would be grand. Simple, to the point, nothing beyond a meter and the minimum stuff to render a JPEG out of the camera. Like the M9.

Bells and whistles I got aplenty in the E-M1. They're nice, they do great things, but if I want "pure photography", I want the very least possible. I can live without the film wind crank, thank you, but a battery grip with the MD-12 form factor would be nice.

It will be nice to see where this is going, if anywhere.

G

greypilgrim

hmm. I keep hearing about AF and modes and all that stuff.

A digital FM2 would be grand. Simple, to the point, nothing beyond a meter and the minimum stuff to render a JPEG out of the camera. Like the M9.

Bells and whistles I got aplenty in the E-M1. They're nice, they do great things, but if I want "pure photography", I want the very least possible. I can live without the film wind crank, thank you, but a battery grip with the MD-12 form factor would be nice.

It will be nice to see where this is going, if anywhere.

G
I'm right with you. Don't even care if you give me JPEGs out of the camera. Don't care about the AF. Even battery grip is optional for me.

Keep it simple and rock solid as in the FM2.

Doug

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

thank you Hulyss

here's a screendump from that teaser # 2 video, not that it makes us much wiser