The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digital Nikon FM2

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Add a couple of analog meters and the Nikon 28/35ti design team has another winner.

Personally wonder just how reliable all the bling dials will be compared to menu settings with a more robust single dial....

So...I cancel yet another pre-order.:face smack:

Bob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Looks cool but for the money I'm out. I can spend 3k somewhere else. But I admit cameras are not a fashion statement for me. So having said that it will sell pretty well I bet. Sony A7r still on the radar screen

bmacw

Pure marketing BS...
I love dials and all, but functionally there is nothing wrong with the modern dslrs. This camera doesn't speak simplicity/pure at all. It looks clunky and cluttered.

Am I the only hoping for a much smaller more compact FF camera?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
As expected:

- 16MP sensor
- ISO to 204,800
- Mechanical dials and buttons for all major functions
- All dials seem to have locks
- Same size and weight as an F3; taller, but also narrower and they have managed to slim the grip side down
- Looks cool, but more buttons than an F4 :wtf:
- I could do without lots of the stuff on the back, but I suppose they try to please as many as possible here, and this is 2013, not 1980

The remaining question now is the viewfinder. I like it so far :)

monza

the angled top down view is not flattering.

I like the idea of buttons and dials, no worries there.

Yes, how good is the viewfinder?

And how much?

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Looks cool but for the money I'm out. I can spend 3k somewhere else. But I admit cameras are not a fashion statement for me. So having said that it will sell pretty well I bet. Sony A7r still on the radar screen
I am pretty sure if the build quality is outstanding, the 3k will be more than reasonable. And I am lusting for a "small" FF DSLR, and I could use all my Nikon glass - this is the argument for me so far .....