The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digital Nikon FM2

D&A

"For me, it would need to be the Barbour version with a waxed cotton finish in green."

Isn't that the one that the Queen uses?
I thought she simply prefers shooting with the D4 and new 800 f.5.6, especially for unofficial royal family photos. :)

Dave (D&A)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

The Df teasers induced great expectations and excitement (at least until the price was revealed).

Now three years later it is Nikon's 100th anniversary (1917 - 2017).

Let the fun start over again .-)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Digital Nikon FM2 -- 3½ years (and half the price) later

Finally a used Nikon Df can be found at a more modest price :)

©lick for actual pixels

© • Nikon Df • Carl Zeiss Distagon 2.8/21mm ZF • 1/320 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D

© • Nikon Df • Carl Zeiss Distagon 2.8/21mm ZF • 1/80 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D

V

Vivek

Steen, Why crave for an optical view finder when a tilt lcd would be very useful? :p:)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

ha, yes you're right, Vivek :thumbup:
a tilt lcd would indeed have been useful

my D500 has it, and I do use it now and then though not often
apart from that I just happen to like an optical viewfinder, but that's just me and my old-fashioned perception

Thorkil

Steen :thumbs:....and you are doing in belly shot and knee shot I can see...handheld I presume...fine pictures
Thorkil

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Whoa, thanks a lot for all the kind salutations and congratulations, my friends :)

I've been away for a while.
My wife suggested we took a trip to the Canary Islands (Las Palmas de Gran Canaria) so that the Df could see The Light :lecture:
She is such a wise and thoughtful woman.

An island of volcanic mountains.

© • click for actual pixels

© • Nikon Df • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/85mm G • 1/320 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D

© • Nikon Df • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/85mm G • 1/320 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D

© • Nikon Df • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/85mm G • 1/250 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D

© • Nikon Df • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/85mm G • 1/1250 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D

© • Nikon Df • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/85mm G • 1/640 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D

Last edited:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

While talking about seeing the light - here's a couple from a day with cloudy weather

© • click for actual pixels

© • Nikon Df • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/85mm G • 1/100 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D

© • Nikon Df • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/85mm G • 1/640 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D