The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digital Nikon FM2

Thorkil

I was not aware and poor oof rendering, the few images I've seen looked pretty good. Regardless, that would be a deal-killer for me, especially on a fast med tele, since "pretty oof" is my whole reason to buy fast glass in the first place...
it might just be me, but on dpreview, the pictures with the flowers on the cherry wood trees, are not looking
that pleasent that I would like:
https://www.dpreview.com/sample-galleries/0773928388/sigma-135mm-f1-8-art-sample-gallery/4186365704

another picture with a women and some kids walking through some high grass (I can't find it right now) the oof grass neither look pleasent but it stresses the picture here too. But others look rather and very very good. If it just wasn't because of the unability to "put small oof structures" harmonic together in the background and foreground...everything would be perfect except for the weight
:)
thorkil

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I do see it -- an ugly transition zone in the front bokeh. Too bad -- it is pretty prominent. I think you're back to the DC if you want an AF 135...

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

© • click for actual pixels

© • Nikon Df • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/85mm G • 1/250 sec. at f/9 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D • [b818_DFA_4890]

© • Nikon Df • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/125 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D • [b820_DFA_4707]

© • Nikon Df • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/85mm G • 1/125 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D • [b822_DFA_4808]

Thorkil

about lens-consideration:
Between 105/1.4 and Nikkor 135/2 DC
the Nikkor 105/1.4 is just insane sharp and more contrasty
but the 135/2 DC has some special touch, softer contrast, doesn't render insane sharp, but do it in sort of other way, a more refined approach a more exclusive appearance, both in colours, and in drawing...
Any opinion on that are very welcome...
best
Thorkil