The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First shots with the Otus

Photojazz

Don't mis-understand, I like quality stuff as much as the next guy, and have owned quite a bit of it. I am just not so finely critical at this point on detail stuff, that I need this degree of resolution. If money was in abundance, I'd order one of each of my desires. But sadly, my budget does not allow that degree of lust. lol. I have to keep my wants in check some. Keep it real. The detail is staggering though, that's for sure. For some things, it could actually be to MUCH resolution. I can see it getting to be a problem when you can see the hairs on someone's nose, lol, and she's a girl... right?

ryc

Here are some samples showing bokeh at f1.4. It was a sunny day so I walked the neighborhood at lunch time.

JohnBrew

Otus in Santa Fe

Went to NM all of last week. Shot mostly landscapes, but here are a couple from Santa Fe. Both at 1.4. Focus on first shot is on second pillar.