Site Sponsors

Thread: Sigma 24-105 F4 Art Series

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sigma 24-105 F4 Art Series

Its no secret I want one and buying one. Anyone have any news on when they are shipping or has tried it.

Any test results? Any MTF charts?

**** give me anything, I got a itch that needs scratching. LOL
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Sigma 24-105 F4 Art Series

Not sure this is helpful, but here's the Sigma spec sheet with MTF: http://www.sigmaphoto.com/product/24...-dg-os-hsm-art

Also found this, and after reading it decided my Nikkor 24-120 is a keeper. Looks like this lens has a lot of falloff at the wide end that never goes away, also commented that the Nikkor was smaller and slightly sharper at the longer end of the zoom range, not to mention it runs out to 120 -- and then there's the fact I already own a nice copy of it . However, for somebody that does not yet own the Nikkor, it looks like a contender and is a little cheaper: http://www.lenstip.com/389.1-Lens_re...DG_OS_HSM.html
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Jack, thanks for posting that review…. I guess I won't be getting one, but will also stick with my Nikkor AFS 24-120mm f4.0.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well I read it having neither the Sigma sounds pretty good and 400 dollars less. This for me is truly a one horse pony lens PR and thats it. Image quality is not the priority. I have other lenses for that type of work
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have neither, it may be a good choice - personally I was hoping it would be better than the Nikon 24-120, which distorts quite badly at 24mm - otherwise it is a fine lens.

Senior Member johnnygoesdigital's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sigma really surprised me with the 35mm 1.4. It's my best med-wide ever. so I'm interested when they release new lenses. I'd like to try shooting with the 120 - 300mm DG HSM too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The Sigma 35 1.4 is a steal. I never seen a lens perform at 1.4 this good. NEVER and i have had everything in every line.

Post Thanks / Like

The Sigma 35 1.4 is a steal... but, you should try F2... even better, and the DOF still small !