Site Sponsors

Thread: D800E weird behaviour

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

D800E weird behaviour

After an afternoon out and about, I went to load my images only to find that I don't have any NEF files. In addition, my file names have changed from _DSC to just DSC meaning that colour space has changed to sRGB, and NR is now turned off, and who knows what else has changed.

When I looked at Info on the back, it said nothing for the CF card and JPG for the SD, hence no NEF files.

I am simply stumped. Unfortunately, I am stone cold sober so it's not going to change any time soon. How could I do this by accident?
    Cheers,
    Jeff
    www.jeff-grant.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: D800E weird behaviour

Back when the nikon D1 came out I had one of the first in the US. There was a bug in the firmware and the camera would do a reset of preferences and the menus would change to Japanese. The first batch released would do that for no reason. Not knowing the menu well and not knowing Japanese made it difficult to reset our preferences until Nikon had a fix. In those days the camera had to go back to Nikon to have firmware updated.

Your firmware may have become corrupted. Try reinstalling the latest version.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: D800E weird behaviour

Thanks. I'll see if it happens again. I think on a new camera like this, I might be going back to my dealer and making it his problem.
    Cheers,
    Jeff
    www.jeff-grant.com