The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D800E focus Problem

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
If you are speaking to the focus problem in the early release D800/E bodies ….its in the far left most focus point . You can put a bottle on a table …move the focus point to the left middle sensor and establish AF . Check the result ..its obvious if its off. Nikon has a firmware fix .

If you are checking for general AF accuracy and want to “tune “ your lenses to the body . Read up on the AF adjustment in the users manual . You can buy a “alignment tool “ that can be helpful …I ve done it so many times I just use whatever is on the table . You do this with the center focus point . I adjust it and then test both near and at 2 meters .

The alignment tools can be more accurate and if you are doing a bunch of AF lenses …maybe worth it .

A quick test I use …is throw a hat onto the grass and focus on the emblem ….you can t miss the target and you have the grass to see whether the focus is front or back .