The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D800E audible "BEEP"

gurtch

For some reason the beep stopped working for focus confirmation. It is turned "ON" and volume set to max "3", but it does not beep when focus is hit. I may have accidently done something but do not know what. At 76 years of age my eyes are not what they used to be, so the beep is comforting to hear to confirm focus.
Thanks in advance
Dave in NJ

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Are you in single or continuous focus mode? I am not with my camera right now, but I think the beep is disabled in continuous focus mode.

gurtch

Fixed...thanks all. In AF-S Priority Selection in the menue, it must be set to"Focus ", and not "Release". Beep now works. Also, I am getting used to my new A7R menues, where you press the center button inside the control wheel to say "OK". On the Nikon, there is a dedicated "OK" button that I was NOT pushing, doubling my confusion!
Thanks again all.
Dave

Quote · Like

Sparky16

You can also assign "center button inside the control wheel" to work as OK, in custom settings menu on Nikon.

Fixed...thanks all. In AF-S Priority Selection in the menue, it must be set to"Focus ", and not "Release". Beep now works. Also, I am getting used to my new A7R menues, where you press the center button inside the control wheel to say "OK". On the Nikon, there is a dedicated "OK" button that I was NOT pushing, doubling my confusion!
Thanks again all.
Dave

Quote · Like