The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon D4s

Lloyd

This is at least a marginally interesting topic for me. I have used both the D4 and the D1X professionally for the past year, and I don't see a lot of difference in most situations other than low light. In low light the D4 is significantly better.

I've had situations even in good light where the D1x has missed focus, and that has been very frustrating to me, especially when I thought I had the shot, but found out too late that I didn't! The D1X has worked better for me in situations where I have an erratically moving subject, and may have things come between me and my subject. In those cases it has held focus better than the D4. Fortunately, I don't shoot a lot of those types of situations, so for me it's pretty much a toss up. I will say, however, that the D1X, paired with the new, second generation Canon 500mm IS lens, is a dream come true!

jduncan

This is at least a marginally interesting topic for me. I have used both the D4 and the D1X professionally for the past year, and I don't see a lot of difference in most situations other than low light. In low light the D4 is significantly better.

I've had situations even in good light where the D1x has missed focus, and that has been very frustrating to me, especially when I thought I had the shot, but found out too late that I didn't! The D1X has worked better for me in situations where I have an erratically moving subject, and may have things come between me and my subject. In those cases it has held focus better than the D4. Fortunately, I don't shoot a lot of those types of situations, so for me it's pretty much a toss up. I will say, however, that the D1X, paired with the new, second generation Canon 500mm IS lens, is a dream come true!

Really? this thing Nikon D1x Review: Digital Photography Review focus better in good light than Nikon finest (the D4)??

No wonder Nikon is not doing well :)

Jokes aside ( I know is the 1DX) that mirror my findings. Let see how the D4s does.

I was hopping for an updated chip like the D3-> D3s but it's plain that this is not the case.

Best regards,

J. Duncan