The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wireless Flash Options ( Battery Operated )

jvora

Hello :

I am looking to purchase Battery Operated Flash Units ( not necessary Nikon branded ) that can be manually controlled ( say, from Full Power to 1/32nd or even 1/64th power ) for which I have the following questions :

1. How can they all ( say, 8 to 10 units ) be Wireless-ly sync-ed ?

2. Although manual control is what I wish, having TTL option in addition to manual may not be a bad idea.

3. Any flash brands & models other than Nikon that would take on professional use, seek your recommendations based on the above requirements ?

4. For Flash Output to be converted to Tungsten ( 3400˚ k ) which is the recommended Filter 1. Full C.T. Orange, 2. Three-Quarters C.T. Orange, 3. Half C.T. Orange OR 4. Another Filter ?

5. Same question as no. 4., but converting Flash Output to 3200˚ K ?

Shall await your replies -

Thanks in advance !

Jai

ps : Question maybe cross-posted.

pixelatedscraps

Check out Phottix Mitros+ line of speedlights. They are TTL compatible with Nikon CLS and also feature 100m 360 degree range via radio frequency along with every flash being an Odin transceiver. Excellent value for the money.