The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEF and Capture One

jvora

Hello :

Does anyone use Capture One on NEF files from D3/D3s/D3x/D4/D4s ?

If yes, does it work well for you - Are the results to your "liking" ? I know it's a bit subjective.

How is the Tethering, good/as expected ?

Also, can the NEF files once opened in Capture One be saved in .psd or only .Tiff ?

I ask as I use CS6 and will be using the D4s for an assignment - I do not want to upgrade to PS CC just for this assignment and am trying to decide the options.

Will appreciate your experiences

Jai

RVB

Hello :

Does anyone use Capture One on NEF files from D3/D3s/D3x/D4/D4s ?

If yes, does it work well for you - Are the results to your "liking" ? I know it's a bit subjective.

How is the Tethering, good/as expected ?

Also, can the NEF files once opened in Capture One be saved in .psd or only .Tiff ?

I ask as I use CS6 and will be using the D4s for an assignment - I do not want to upgrade to PS CC just for this assignment and am trying to decide the options.

Will appreciate your experiences

Jai
Subjective indeed but I've used C1P7 on D4 and D800e files and I like the results,and they were both portraits and landscape..

Tethering I tried with the D800e and it was very good.

Rob

jvora

Thanks Rob -

But can Capture One save as .psd files ? Or would one have to open the saved tiff files in PS and then save then as .psd ?

Also, is there any degradation in IQ / data when converting 16bit tiff files to 16 bit .psd files ? Again, anyone ?

Jai

RVB

Thanks Rob -

But can Capture One save as .psd files ? Or would one have to open the saved tiff files in PS and then save then as .psd ?

Also, is there any degradation in IQ / data when converting 16bit tiff files to 16 bit .psd files ? Again, anyone ?

Jai
Jai,here is a screen grab of the output option's,as you can see PSD is supported!

Rob

jvora

Thanks for the confirmation Rob -

Was unsure as .psd is an Adobe format and perhaps even a proprierty format.

60 days is a good enough time - will download it and give it a try !

Thanks,

Jai