The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New D800/E firmware

M

mjr

Jack

Loaded both the D800 and the E with the updated firmware, all good so far. I was getting the occasional green light and wait of 20 seconds or so for it to clear on both cameras previously but now that appears to have stopped. Other than that, I wasn't having any problems so everything seems fine.

Mat

danielmoore

I was afraid I'd lose all of my custom settings but they were kept intact after updating with the new firmware. No issues here so far.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
No problems here either. I was pretty quick to install it because I frequently got the green light. Haven't seen it since.

I can't get it to work. The last firmware update worked without a hitch.

I follow all the instructions, but "update" does not appear as an option in the firmware menu window. It's as if the camera isn't recognizing the file on my CF card.

Any thoughts? I'm open to the possibility that this is user stupidity and not Nikon stupidity.

RVB

I can't get it to work. The last firmware update worked without a hitch.

I follow all the instructions, but "update" does not appear as an option in the firmware menu window. It's as if the camera isn't recognizing the file on my CF card.

Any thoughts? I'm open to the possibility that this is user stupidity and not Nikon stupidity.
Do you have an SD card around?If so try that.. otherwise reformat the CF card and try again..

k-hawinkler

Do you have an SD card around?If so try that.. otherwise reformat the CF card and try again..
Have just the SD card in the D800E as the primary card.
Format it in the D800E before you copy the firmware to it.
And use a fresh, fully loaded battery.

Did all of the above, and still nuthin. I'm tempted to ignore it, since there's nothing I obviously need in this update, but it bugs me that it doesn't work. And I'd like to be ready for any future updates.