The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon D750 - no major leaks

Swissblad

I'm surprised at how closely Nikon are guarding the Nikon D750…. we had many more details of the D810 way before its official release.

Really curious as to what this camera holds in store……

:cool:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Nikon D750 Coming on Sep 12th 2014 « NEW CAMERA

eh where is Jorgen Udvang when you need him!!
The first line that has been censored says:

Rong raem (hotel)... name censored... Krung Tep (Bangkok).

I could ask someone I know, but I don't think he'll tell :(
I've asked to have one from the first batch reserved for me, but I'm not sure where the money will come from, so I might have to pass for now. I'm very excited about this camera :p

Interestingly, the last readable words say "until 11 September 2014".

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The announcement is Friday, no doubt about that, but I wouldn't be surprised if information start flowing after midnight tomorrow. Coming to think of it... Friday morning here is Thursday evening in America, so the announcement will be on 11 September in America.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Bad judgement on their part…..?

Nikon's announcements are traditionally on Thursdays… or?
Most Asians don't think much about a terrorist attack that happened on the other side of the globe more than a decade ago. There are other disasters that have affected people here much more. The tsunami in 2004 killed well over 200,000 people to mention one. Then there was one in Japan in 2011 that killed more than 15,000. And so on...

But maybe they did move it to Friday to avoid insulting the Americans, just forgetting that it will still be the 11th on that side of the globe.

thedruid

Here are the leaked specs from NR...

Nikon D750 FX 24.3 MP full frame sensor features compact, lightweight, energy efficient design, built-in flash double SD card slot
Tiltable 3.2-inch RGB monitor with approximately 1.2 million pixels
Robust design and sealing against weather influences
New, improved mirror / shutter mechanism
AF system with 51 focus areas
RGB sensor with approx 91,000 pixels and light-weighted metering option
Burst rate of 6.5 frames/s
24.3-megapixel FX-format CMOS sensor
Image processor EXPEED 4
ISO 100-12,800 (expandable to 50-51200)
Effects Modes
Improved Picture Control
Full-HD video with 1080p at 24/25/30/50 / 60p
Improved functionality while filming
Integrated stereo microphone
Exposure preview and aperture control in Live View mode
Built-in Wi-Fi Professional Wireless communication via UT-1 and WT-5

JohnBrew

Welllll, most interesting. Compact and lightweight got my attention. I hope this doesn't turn out like the Df, size wise. Wonder which sensor this is?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I'm quite sure this is an attempt from Nikon to replace both the D300 and the D700 and with a price somewhere in between, with 24MP in FX and 12 in DX mode. Burst rate might look a bit disappointing to some, and nothing about buffer size is known yet, but I hope it can room 20 RAW frames or more, preferably closer to 40.

It will be interesting to see what kind of WiFi functionality will be available. I have always wished for a camera that can dump photos wirelessly to another storage device while I'm taking photos at sports events. As for size, my guess is something around the D7100/610 but I wouldn't mind something even smaller.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Welllll, most interesting. Compact and lightweight got my attention. I hope this doesn't turn out like the Df, size wise. Wonder which sensor this is?
Well, I think that when it comes to compact and lightweight there is only so much leeway given the sensor size, battery requirements and need for a mirror box.

When (if ??) Nikon embrace mirrorless I think we'll see the dramatic impact on the size of the camera bodies at least. :thumbup:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Here's a minor leak for you:

and a lens that will probably help place me firmly in the Nikon camp for years to come (if it's any good), the new 20mm f/1.8:

Paul2660

The 750 looks to be a good camera. I like that Nikon is allowing the use of the tilt LCD, sure wish it had made it to the D810.

Pricing will not be much less than the D810, at around 2.5, to 2.6K U.S.

I like that 20mm 1.8 also. Hope they figured out how to keep coma aberrations to a minimum, unlike the 24mm 1.4.

But Sigma is supposedly also releasing their 24mm 1.4 Art. Tough call, 1 more stop less focal, or vise versa. The 20mm focal appeals to me a bit more.

Paul

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
It looks quite clear now that this is not the D700 replacement many were hoping for, but it seems to be a great, little camera, a kind of "premium low-end" from Nikon.

Swissblad

It looks quite clear now that this is not the D700 replacement many were hoping for, but it seems to be a great, little camera, a kind of "premium low-end" from Nikon.
Agree, I guess we'll never see a D700 replacement.

Looks like a neat little camera though, and 24mp is more than enough for most cases.