The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I pre-ordered the Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED...anyone think i am nuts ?

JohnBrew

Holy Cow! And only 357 grams. Looking forward to seeing tests. Tim Ashley are you interested?

Oh, and I don't think you're nuts if you have nothing under 50mm.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hey we always need a new guinea pig. Its your turn this time. LOL

Actually sounds like a nice lens

trioderob

I will post some seascapes from San Diego after I get it.

real classic type images with pretty rocks in the foreground.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Hmmm... another lens nut. Somebody should ask a shrink to have a look at this forum. He could probably make a healthy living from the members here only ;)

Since I've found that the D750 is not for me, I'm probably ordering one too. I'll ask one of the other patients if I'm nuts as well :)

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
It's a friggin new lens, of course we all want to know about it and are jealous of first responders who get early copies! It's why forums like ours survive. Misery, mental dysfunction and especially gear addiction all love company!!!

D&A

Has anyone ever really gone through a 10 step gear addiction program and actually been cured? I thought not. The chances are slim to none so why fight it..... Life's too short :)

Dave (D&A)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Has anyone ever really gone through a 10 step gear addiction program and actually been cured? I thought not. The chances are slim to none so why fight it..... Life's too short :)

Dave (D&A)
I started on a 10 step gear acquisition program once, around 1974 I think that was. I believe I'm around step 278 now, and I'm improving all the time. Is that something similar :confused: :ROTFL:

Swissblad

I think I'll take my old 20mm AIs for a spin today…. it's been ages since I used it.

Whoe knows, I may be inspired to buy the new lens…… ;)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Dave (D&A)
I started with a ten step program but through various acquisitions over the years I ended up with a twenty-seven step program. But I did trade four steps but then acquired six more :chug: :ROTFL: