The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Not the best Novoflex experience

AlexLF

As you guys know I was going to switch to a ballhead. So I took the Novoflex ClassicBall 3 II and I'm almost happy about it. I also got the <a href="http://www.novoflex.com/en/products/camera-support-systems/quick-release-systems/miniconnect-mr/">Novoflex MiniConnect MR</a> as a quick release solution. This one has really been disappointing. It's been just 10 days of using it and I had my tripod fell to the ground from standing position. And see what happened to the miniconnect:

And I'm not even in the mountains somewhere! I'm just on a beautiful beach :)

Now I wonder if Novoflex has something really sturdy and rigid. This thingy now feels like a toy to my 5 y.o. daughter :(

What really concerns me is if I accidently hit the ballhead itself...?... :eek:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Sorry to hear about your problem with the Quick Release Connector, Alex.

Looks more like it should be called a Soft Release Connector :thumbdown:

Hopefully the ball itself is made of a harder material.

For once it doesn't feel appropriate to say "enjoy your new toy" :(

I think you should send the story and the picture to Novoflex to let them know they should reconsider their choice of material for this item.

AlexLF

I got the answer always simultaneously and I'm actually really satisfied with it. I don't think it's inappropriate to post it here so here it goes:

Dear Alex,

Thanks for your email and the purchase of NOVOFLEX-products.
We are sorry to hear you had trouble with your MiniConnect.
Our products are made of anodized aluminium which is not the hardest known alloy.
However, mostly for weight reasons we've decided to use this material for most of our products.
If you let us know your adress we will be happy to send you a replacement knob for your MC-MR quick release unit.

Kind regards