The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digital Nikon with manual lenses

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Took a couple of hours off from work today. Went to the beach at Frankston. There was a freezing wind from somewhere down south. Not my breeze :)

D810 with 105mm f/1.8 AiS and Tamron 1.4x TC @ f/4 (5.6)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I was chatting with a customer across the table, and when he saw some of my photos on the Mac, he asked if I could take a portrait of him for their website, to replace the selfie that he has there now. So I said, "Yes, sure" and found my camera, said look at me, look out through the window, please talk, what's your name, look at me again, what do you do for a living... etc. And he said, after around a minute, "Are we finished yet?". And we were.

Luckily, I have a good camera, so I can take photos ;)

D810 with 105mm f/1.8 AiS @ f/2.8

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
34 meters of screw conveyor weighing 12-15 tons lifted in place. It went in... just :)

D810 with 105mm f/1.8 AiS @ f/5.6

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I should have taken a tripod of course, but this will have to do for now. Hopefully, I'll be back there soon :)

D810 with 28mm f/2.0 AiS @ f/2.8, hand held at ISO 3200 and 1/25s

JCT

I think this was my first shot with the 50mm f1.2 AIS on the D810, wide open I think. I love the look of this lens.

My sweet old beagle girl - trying to look pathetic so I will give her a snack. And yes, I figured her nose would be OOF - when she was a pup she was all nose..

Arne Hvaring

I haven't posted on this interesting thread so far. Lots of great shots to see.
Here's a small contribution.
First two D810 with 85mm Otus, third with 135mm Apo Sonnar.
Next D800E and Makro Planar 100mm, last D810 with venerable 4/200 Nikkor Ais.