The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digital Nikon with manual lenses

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Here's a lens that keeps impressing me, the 28mm f/2.0 AiS. For images like this, I obviously stop it down quite a bit, but when I do, it's extremely problem free, just a tiny bit of CA that is easily removed in ACR.

D810 with 28mm f/2.0 AiS @ f/8

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
From my visit to Copenhagen earlier this year. I don't know if this is taken with the Zeiss 50mm f/1.4 that I borrowed from Steen at the time or the Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 that I ended up buying from him, but I do know that it's taken at f/4 with the D810 :)

PeterA

Jorgen - I enjoy all your shots -thank you for posting...

I'll dust off some really old Nikon glass I had when I was shooting with an F3HP and make some happy snaps to share on this thread...
-Pete

Two questions.

1) Anyone tried the Voightlander 40 f2 pancake lens on a Nikon DSLR for travel or walk around?

2) Possible to mod a Leica R lens for use on a Nikon DSLR? If so, any reason to do so... or not to do so? I have a 50 Sumacron sitting around and an 810 w/o a 50.

wjlapier

Two questions.

1) Anyone tried the Voightlander 40 f2 pancake lens on a Nikon DSLR for travel or walk around?

2) Possible to mod a Leica R lens for use on a Nikon DSLR? If so, any reason to do so... or not to do so? I have a 50 Sumacron sitting around and an 810 w/o a 50.
There are two R lenses out there i converted to F. 50 'cron and 28 Elmarit VII. Both very nice lenses on a Nikon body--I used them on a F3 for about a year or so. Played with them on a D700 but I didn't care for the rangefinder dot.

Godfrey

thanks for info. I don't see any attention given the R lenses on Nikon. Not worth the trip?
Adapted lenses on SLRs give up too much in convenience/ergonomics for me, most of the time, but if I'm going to be working mostly wide open or near that, and a particular lens has a nice signature, it's worth adapting. The first generation Summicron-R 50mm is like that.

G

Swissblad

Jorgen, you have a special way of interacting and engaging with kids - envious - keep it up.

:thumbup:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen, you have a special way of interacting and engaging with kids - envious - keep it up.

:thumbup:
Thank you, I try my best. We have so much to learn from kids, their limitless ideas and their lack of prejudice. Communicating with them at their level is truly inspirational.

D810 with 105mm f/1.8 @ f/2.8

Godfrey

Nikon D750 + Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AI-S
ISO 560 @ f/1.2 @ 1/50

More an equipment familiarization shot than anything else, but it sure is nice to see how well these older Nikkors work on a current DSLR. :)

I think I've located and set up about 80% of what I need to simplify operating this starship down to my paddleboat captain's mind.

fun, fun, fun ...

G