The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digital Nikon with manual lenses

markhout

Was traveling in The Netherlands on business and could not resist the sunrise on my way to work.

A bout of GAS had me acquire the Rokinon 135mm 2.0 earlier in the year and one day last week I hauled the 135mm on my D800E with me.

This $499 lens is SHARP!

1/500 sec 5.6 handheld

screengrab:

bensonga

I had to go back, way back, to find this thread....

I have been thinking about sending a couple of my AIS Nikkors in for a CLA (the focusing mechanism has become very stiff). I decided to take a few test shots on my D850 before making a final decision. One lens is a 85/1.4 and the other a 180/2.8 (not the ED version, unfortunately). The cost of a CLA will be $200-$250 each. After looking at the photos, I've decided to send them in for the CLA. I'd like to restore these legacy lenses back to their former mechanical glory with the smooth focusing action of my many other non-AI and AI/AIS Nikkors. I had no problems focusing these on the D850.

Gary

All shot hand held with the AIS 85/1.4
_DSC0089 JPG 85mm f1_4 Cropped P2000.jpg

_DSC0091 JPG 85mm f1_4 P2000.jpg

_DSC0088 RAW AIS 85_1.4 lens Cropped P2000.jpg