The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon "Free Maintenence Service" for D800 cameras

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Interesting... I just received this email from Nikon. I have sold this camera, but for any of you that own one, this might be worth looking into --- Or perhaps, they're just looking for patients to train new technicians on :ROTFL: ...

Dear John,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected to participate in Nikon Inc.’s Free Maintenance Service Initiative for your Nikon D800 camera, Serial No. -------.

Why is Nikon providing this Free Maintenance Service Initiative to you? Because as a valued Nikon DSLR camera owner, Nikon wants to learn more from you about how Nikon can better meet the needs and preferences of its DSLR owners concerning the service of its Nikon DSLR cameras. We hope that you will take advantage of this Free Maintenance Service Initiative and will also help us by completing the Nikon Consumer Service Survey at Take Survey Here.

What will this Free Maintenance Service include? This Free Maintenance Service will include the free inspection of your camera and its operation by a Nikon trained technician and if Nikon’s trained technician identifies any service necessary or desirable to perform on your Nikon D800 camera, we will perform that service free of charge to you (excluding normal warranty exclusions such as misuse, abuse, alteration, negligence or accident). We will also clean and return your Nikon D800 camera at no charge to you.

How do you take advantage of this Free Maintenance Service Initiative? You can take advantage of this Free Maintenance Service by sending your Nikon D800 camera to us using the prepaid shipping label, available at Print Label Here, together with a printed copy of the below Free Maintenance Service Initiative Certificate, before January 15, 2016.

Barring any unique circumstances, you can expect your Nikon D800 camera returned to you in about five (5) to six (6) business days after our receipt.

Thank you for being a valued Nikon DSLR camera owner and participating in Nikon’s Free Maintenance Service Initiative.

Yours truly,

Cory Devereaux, Associate General Manager; Operations,
Service & Customer Relations
Nikon Inc.

FREE MAINTENANCE SERVICE INITIATIVE CERTIFICATE

This Free Maintenance Service Initiative Certificate is redeemable by John for one Free Maintenance Service performed by Nikon Inc. If during the free inspection of your camera Nikon’s technician identifies any service necessary or desirable to perform on your camera, we will perform that service at no charge to you (excluding normal warranty exclusions such as misuse, abuse, alteration, negligence or accident). Please use the prepaid shipping label provided by Nikon for your product. This Certificate is not transferable, and has no cash value. Void where prohibited by law.

Product: Nikon D800 | Serial No. -------

THIS CERTIFICATE EXPIRES AUTOMATICALLY ON JANUARY 15, 2016.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
His explanation doesn't make sense at least re AF adjustment, because I had already sent my D800 in for the fix and surely they have that record associated with that serial number. My D800e which I also received the offer for had no such af issues. However both were 300xxxx serial numbers.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Leigh

I have a D800E, purchased new from an authorized Nikon dealer and registered with Nikon USA, s/n 3008xxx.

The camera has none of the documented problems (left focus, etc).

I did not receive a notice.

- Leigh

Last edited: