The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hanoi, Friday 13 February 2009

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks Bondo.

Sorry guys, I couldn't resist. Here are two more :wtf:

S5 with Tamron 17-50 @ 38mm and f/4.0

S5 with Tamron 17-50 @ 48mm and f/5.6

The Tamron 17-50 deserves special mention here. For a lens that cost around $350 new, the sharpness and bokeh is simply outstanding. Apart for the need for a larger aperture now and then, and possibly build quality long term, I can't see any weaknesses at all.

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Tired? It's a new day today, and one more tomorrow. Endless possibilities of getting even more tired :sleep006:

S5 with Tamron 17-50 @ 45mm and f/4.0

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks again, David :)

I'll give it some serious consideration once I get my head above the stacks of paper that are threatening to crush my cameras :cussing:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Happy that you like this one, David. While most motives just pop up in front of me, this one is a result of concentration and effort (and a lens that wasn't really up to it).

It's difficult to live in Asia as a Westerner without developing a changing view on people's value in society. If I could afford the time needed, that would be an obvious book project. Showing the dramatic social relations without the need for exposing the obvious cases like beggars, drug addicts and prostitutes (that we have in the west anyway, very much for the same reasons as in this part of the world), would give a window into this world that is hardly ever obvious to visitors.

Oh well.... dreams, dreams :rolleyes:

Last edited: