The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HELP - D7000 and 105mm 2.8 D

Rawfa

Guys, I just sold my 105mm 2.8 macro D to a D7000 owner and he called me telling me it won't AF. To my knowledge the D7000 has an internal AF motor so it should work. I've used this lens on my D750, D600 and D610 with no problem at all.

Any D7000 users out there using the 105mm D to comment on this? I'm supposed to give the buyer a feedback by monday.

Rawfa

I was on the phone with him and I've asked him if it was in "A" on the lens and he said it was. I cannot recall exactly what I had to do for this lens to work on my D610, D600 and D750, but if I'm not mistaken I had to set the aperture to f32 on the lens, then lock it with the little lever over the aperture ring...if I didn't do that I would get and error on the camera. I cannot recall if I had to do something else.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I had that lens and used it on the D80 and Fuji S3 without problems. As Jack pointed out, it must be set to A on the lens. He should also check that the AF/MF switch on the body is set to AF.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Could it be something as simple as he has his cam set to some incompatible mode, like A at f32, and the shutter speed is longer than the camera can accept?

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Or is he also new to the camera (if bought used) and the camera is set to back button autofocus by the previous owner ... ?