Site Sponsors

Thread: D800 Live view and Manual focussing

Post Thanks / Like

D800 Live view and Manual focussing

Hi,
    when i'm using my D800 on a tripod with live view in M mode, i've notice that when i'm using the zoom function of the live view the F stop remains stopped ( F9 in my case ).

So, if i want to focus wide open (better focus accuracy), i have to select F1.4 and change the speed as well... and after, i have to going back to my previous F stop and speed to shoot... what a waste of time...
    is there any way to focus wide open without changing the F stop selected... just using a Fn key for example ?

Are things better with the D810 ?
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: D800 Live view and Manual focussing

is my english that bad ?

;-)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if there's a better way, but with my 800 & 810, I change the aperture and press the "OK" button. That switches exposure preview on/off so you don't have to change the shutter speed to see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archivue View Post
    Hi,
    when i'm using my D800 on a tripod with live view in M mode, i've notice that when i'm using the zoom function of the live view the F stop remains stopped ( F9 in my case ).

So, if i want to focus wide open (better focus accuracy), i have to select F1.4 and change the speed as well... and after, i have to going back to my previous F stop and speed to shoot... what a waste of time...
    is there any way to focus wide open without changing the F stop selected... just using a Fn key for example ?

Are things better with the D810 ?
    Hi, somehow I drifted to Nikon territory, but your issue is similar to what I was facing with my Leica. Than I found that if I halve press the shutter release that I was able to manually focus at f 1.4 via live view and than stop to f 11. Might not work with Nikon, but worth trying. Regards, Vlad.