The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Auto WB on D810

rollsman44

I have always used AWB on previous camera and have watched some of the professional photographers set the WB on Daylight even when using Flash. On the Sony A7 I just sold the AWB was excellent. When I use the 810 it seems that I have to go to Daylight setting. Thank you

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I find I get excellent results with "auto" for almost everything outdoors or indoors natural light. If I needed accurate studio flash results, I would build a custom WB in the camera AND a custom profile to process to in C1. For general on-camera flash use, I use Daylight and then have a custom profile to process to in C1.

Hulyss Bowman

There is a load of "complains" on many forum about the auto WB of the D810. It is just wrong. One of the often forgotten major selling point of the D810 is his exceptional auto WB compared to prior models. For instance, the D3/D700 AWB is far less accurate.