Site Sponsors

Thread: Auto WB on D810

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Auto WB on D810

I have always used AWB on previous camera and have watched some of the professional photographers set the WB on Daylight even when using Flash. On the Sony A7 I just sold the AWB was excellent. When I use the 810 it seems that I have to go to Daylight setting. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Auto WB on D810

I find I get excellent results with "auto" for almost everything outdoors or indoors natural light. If I needed accurate studio flash results, I would build a custom WB in the camera AND a custom profile to process to in C1. For general on-camera flash use, I use Daylight and then have a custom profile to process to in C1.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like

I also shoot with Auto WB most of the time on my D810, but with my D3x I use daylight.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a load of "complains" on many forum about the auto WB of the D810. It is just wrong. One of the often forgotten major selling point of the D810 is his exceptional auto WB compared to prior models. For instance, the D3/D700 AWB is far less accurate.
    Kind regards - Hulyss - hulyssbowman.com