The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon 105 f/1.4 -- Yummy !!!

JohnBrew

Gawd, it's a monster! Heavier than my 55 Otus and uses 82mm filters. Will have to rent one and find out if there's any magic.

jrp

'Trouble with E lenses is that they are much harder to adapt than AIS or even G lenses, if you happen to want to use them on a mirrorless body.

Swissblad

Thanks for posting Thom's view - interesting read - wish I had the $ (or €) for this lens.....;)

Swissblad

This lens is starting to haunt me..... really bad case of GAS/NAS.......:shocked:

Let's see what santa says.....:cool:

jsf

I agree with Jack that the bokeh is just a bit different. Different again from what I remember of my 105 f/2.5. I have the 135mm DC lens now and I have grown quite fond of the bokeh. The roll off between DOF and OOF is sweet to me. But for romantic reasons I really liked the 105mm f/2.5. I thought that Huylss's images were quite good.

bensonga

The new 105/1.4 looks like a great lens and I would love to have one. The price is high, but maybe when good used copies become available I'll pick one up.

Until then, I finally bought a near mint AIS 105mm f1.8 lens. It is a lens I've been wanting to try for a very long time.

Time to break out my F3HP and D700 again. :)

Gary

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The new 105/1.4 looks like a great lens and I would love to have one. The price is high, but maybe when good used copies become available I'll pick one up.

Until then, I finally bought a near mint AIS 105mm f1.8 lens. It is a lens I've been wanting to try for a very long time.

Gary

That's a great lens. Mine, which is not mint anymore, is up for sale locally, but I consider taking it back and use it on the F6 and on the E-M1 with a Speed Booster.

Swissblad

Gary

Drool..... lovely lens, Gary .....congrats on your purchase... enjoy and post some pix.

bensonga

Drool..... lovely lens, Gary .....congrats on your purchase... enjoy and post some pix.
I'm sure it won't come close to the new 105/1.4, but I will enjoy using it nonetheless. Most likely on my F3HP and D700. I'll post some pics in the Fun with Nikon Images or Analog film non-leica M threads when I can. Unlikely to be as good as the images Jorgen has posted with this lens however.

Someday, I'm hoping to see one of the 105/1.4 lenses at my local camera shop.

Gary

ptomsu

Workshop Member

Gary

Lovely lens and I would have gone the same route, even if the new 1.4/105 is better!