The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon 105 f/1.4 -- Yummy !!!

Hulyss Bowman

Here is the translation :

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdigicame-info.com%2F2016%2F07%2Faf-s-nikkor-105mm-f14e-ed.html&edit-text=

E lenses (not to be confused with the ancient ones) mean electromagnetic diaphragm. All Nikkor AF lenses use mechanical actuated diaphragm blades. The electromagnetic diaphragm get rid of that for a more precise control of the lens especially during burst. It is a transitional way to Nikon to get rid of some mechanical stuff inside DSLR bodies. I think it is a way to Nikon to move Mirror-less soon.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
If this is true, I'm in. Good thing that I still have the D300. The D2Xs and F6 aren't compatible other than wide open. I can see myself shooting portraits with this using the F6 and Pan F Plus 50 though.

V

Vivek

Thanks, Hulyss. Maybe an English translation soon?

Added. Found a little more info - will be announced this week. For FF, no VR. What's the difference between an "E" lens and a "G" lens?
The PC-E lenses had them. Identical to the EOS lenses only in F mount.

It saves money for Nikon.

I am glad to see this lens from Nikon. Looks delicious. :)

ptomsu

Workshop Member
This is for sure a marvelous lens!

For me too heavy and large, but it is a special purpose lens.

Wonder how many they will sell ....

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
This is for sure a marvelous lens!

For me too heavy and large, but it is a special purpose lens.

Wonder how many they will sell ....
They will sell one to me... as soon as I can afford it. 105mm on FX and 158mm eqv. on DX mostly cover my travel telephoto needs. I just decided (for the umpteenth time) to keep my Zeiss 21mm, and those two primes plus the 24-120mm to cover everything between would probably be a great travel setup. The question is: another D810 or something new and revolutionary that will be launched at Photokina.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
They will sell one to me... as soon as I can afford it. 105mm on FX and 158mm eqv. on DX mostly cover my travel telephoto needs. I just decided (for the umpteenth time) to keep my Zeiss 21mm, and those two primes plus the 24-120mm to cover everything between would probably be a great travel setup. The question is: another D810 or something new and revolutionary that will be launched at Photokina.
Well, I am getting interested in this lens. Especially instead of a 1.4/85G, that is almost as expensive. And combining it with the 1.4/58 this might give a great combo and both stunning glass. One more reason to stay in Nikon FF territory (with my D810).

Some more content https://www.slrlounge.com/new-nikon-105mm-f1-4-worlds-fastest-105-official-ready-order/

WRT something new at PK2016 - I do not see anything coming, also no D820 or whatever that would be called. I had hope myself they would launch something revolutionary, but I think we still have to stick with the D810 for some more time. Not a bay camera at all though :cool:

Last edited:

Swissblad

Ooh, what a wonderful Xmas präsent!

I'm really interested in this Lens - could be a stunning successor to the old legendary 105mm AiS.

Thanks for Posting this info. :clap::clap:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you for posting the photos Hulyss. This looks like a must have. Not only does it offer unique opportunities, but transitions and general rendering look fantastic as well. This also means that I should buy a D810 again. Looks like I will get a couple of great Christmas gifts from myself this year :D

V

Vivek

The Nikon samples are very well chosen. Shows how great a lens this is. Very impressive! :thumbs: