The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any idea what Nikon charges for repairs?

Duff photographer

I've got a 200m f2 VR lens that has a bit of fresh fungus on the inside edge of the front menicus lens.

I contacted Nikon repair centre via their website for a qoute for the work to clear it up but all I got was an automated address label to send it off the the repair centre here in France.

All very nice of course but before sending it off I'd like to get an idea of cost from anyone who has had a similar 'repair' carried out.

Many thanks.

Duff

Swissblad

I had to replace a damaged bayonet..... which cost around €400.- , which could serve as an indicator.

Usually you can send the lens / item with a stipulation that the cost should not exceed a certain amount.

In your case, with such an expensive prime - I'd just go ahead and get it repaired - it would be a huge loss not to do so.

:shocked:

Duff photographer

I had to replace a damaged bayonet..... which cost around €400.- , which could serve as an indicator.

In your case, with such an expensive prime - I'd just go ahead and get it repaired - it would be a huge loss not to do so.
Eek! Yes, it will go in for repair. Hopefully it won't cost as much as that as I assume it will just be a thorough clean and removal of the fungus, and no replacement part is involved (unless they feel the menicus should be replaced). I just need to know I have enough in the bank to cover it. Funds are a bit low at the moment :(

Thanks Swiss

Last edited: