The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fujikon?

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Fujikon ?

(...) This audience is between 12 to 35 and they are used to have thing very quickly, do not care that much about pixel perfect quality (...)
They should be spanked and sent to bed early with a glass of warm milk
No access to telephones and social media
:lecture:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Fujikon ?

(...) Nikon are in genuine trouble and are getting help. Hopefully, that is enough for them to survive. (...)
(...) If Zeiss extract a pound of flesh from Nikon for patent infringements, it is all over for them (Nikon). Sadly, the 100th anniversary celebrations then would have to be done with the new protection filters.

Perhaps it's a bit too early to celebrate the demise of Nikon .-)

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2017/06/nikon-and-fuji.html

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I will say this there are a few other areas where this partnership could be really viable for both brands.

For Fuji, having access to Nikon's AF technology to improve their cameras would be huge for the X and GFX series. I believe most believe that Fujifilm is behind all of the other major mirrorless camera makers in accuracy (though speed is comparable). Also having access to being sold in wider markets and stores would be beneficial for Fuji.

For Nikon, having access to Fuji's color science and mirrorless know how would be very beneficial to Nikon in creating a serious mirrorless competitor in the FF segment.
Sorry to disagree - but this is simply B....

The Fuji XT2 already smokes Nikon AF easily and this is already mirrorless. Nikon only can learn from Fuji meanwhile.

And I would fear that Nikon influences Fuji WRT colour - that would be absolute nonsense and a BIG STEP BACK.

iiiNelson

Sorry to disagree - but this is simply B....

The Fuji XT2 already smokes Nikon AF easily and this is already mirrorless. Nikon only can learn from Fuji meanwhile.

And I would fear that Nikon influences Fuji WRT colour - that would be absolute nonsense and a BIG STEP BACK.
Move never heard anyone else say that the XT2 AF is better than that of the Nikon D5. It's not just about speed... accuracy matters. 11 frames per second sounds great until you realized only 2 or 3 are actually in "acceptable focus" in my own tests which are maybe 6 months out of date now.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Move never heard anyone else say that the XT2 AF is better than that of the Nikon D5. It's not just about speed... accuracy matters. 11 frames per second sounds great until you realized only 2 or 3 are actually in "acceptable focus" in my own tests which are maybe 6 months out of date now.
Not sure what you tested then but my keeper rate is much higher. Also of course depends on the lens one uses :cool:

Also there are many other things to AF capabilities like number of AF points and that in case of the XT2 these cover almost the complete frame. Which in turn allows a total different shooting compared to the D5 for example.

This is not a comparison with the D5 by any means but the fact that mirrorless as the XT2 is on par for almost any task with most modern high end DSLRs - again of course you always need to know what you are doing and how you configure and use a camera. Just testing for a few hours will not do any longer IMHO.

Needless to mention that I meanwhile prefer mirrorless (especially the XT2) highly to cameras like D5 etc. So I really hope that a potential cooperation or fusion of Nikon and Fuji would be highly dominated by Fuji - or maybe better not happen at all, as I do not see what the Fuji X system as well as the GFX system could benefit form Nikon.

Times are changing and they are changing quickly - unfortunately for some sleeping giants.