Site Sponsors
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: D850

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: D850

Quote Originally Posted by Paul2660 View Post

C1 seems to have a problem pulling out the finer details on distant objects like fall leaves.

Paul Caldwell
    Paul, all due respect I've NEVER had that issue, and in fact find C1 to pull more fine detail out of a file than any other program. Of course it requires you properly set the sharpening and noise sliders!
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Jack,

I agree, normally C1 seems to always pull more details. However on the images I took this fall, I was disappointed in the finer details in some of the colors. C1 vs ACR/LR, might be my settings, not sure.

However since many of my shots are panos, I have to pretty much default to ACR now, as I feel that creation of a multi segment pano with a lot of DR range works best from raws not tiff, and C1 just has no real solution.

So far I only see this on the D850 images, not my d810 or P1 back shots.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Paul2660 View Post
    Hi Jack,

I agree, normally C1 seems to always pull more details. However on the images I took this fall, I was disappointed in the finer details in some of the colors. C1 vs ACR/LR, might be my settings, not sure.

However since many of my shots are panos, I have to pretty much default to ACR now, as I feel that creation of a multi segment pano with a lot of DR range works best from raws not tiff, and C1 just has no real solution.

So far I only see this on the D850 images, not my d810 or P1 back shots.

Paul
    What do you have your color and luminosity NR set at for your chosen ISO? For low ISO images, try color at 0-25, luminance at 0-35 and detail at 40-60. With the smaller pixels, you'll need to dial them down from what you used on the 810. Not sure what needs to be done with capture sharpening until I get a good D850 file of my own to work with. Finally, I've noted your style tends towards more heavily saturated, so for detail your color NR setting becomes much more critical.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."