The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A Night at the Ballet

etrigan63

Has anyone used the Noise Ninja Aperture plugin? I have been using it to clean up the higher ISO images in these sets but it occasionally freaks out and leaves my Mac display completely pink and corrupted (besides crashing Aperture2). What are the recommended settings for interfacing with the plugin? PictureCode recommends 16-bit ProPhoto TIFFs for the standalone version. Does that apply to the Aperture plugin?

R

Ranger 9

Looks like another good set; as with the Grad Ball photos, you're doing a great job with the expressions and character interactions. Compared to Swan Lake, it's nice to have some scenery so the backgrounds aren't so dark, isn't it?

In the second picture (the boy doing the back cabriole) I guess the balletic ideal would have been to catch it just at the moment when his legs are in contact... but I know that's such a brief moment that it's very, very difficult to get, and sometimes at the moment the legs beat, the rest of the body doesn't look so good. But that's the kind of thing that keeps us challenged, right?