The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lee SW-150 adapter for Nikon 19mm--recall due to incorrect tolerances

Paul2660

Just a heads up, if you have a Nikon 19mm and have considered or own the Lee Filter SE-150 adapter, Lee has recalled most of the ones that were shipped in the later part of Nov and all of Dec 2017. Issue is that the adapter tolerance is off by about 2mm and will allow the filter to hit the front element of the lens, if you use the inside filter slot.

I have this adapter, purchased in early October 2017, and mine most definitely is off and would allow the rub.

I was very lucky in that the only time I have used the adapter, I only used the front slot. On mine the read slot would allow a hit for sure.

Just wanted to pass this one for anyone else using this lens with the Lee system.

Paul Caldwell

Jérôme.E

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for the information ! Mine is off too but like you only use the front one.
As I want to invest in a grad and pola I definitely need a correct one.

I search Google but could not find anything about the process of this recall. Have you got more informations ?

Thanks in advance.

Jérôme

Jérôme.E

I search Google but could not find anything about the process of this recall. Have you got more informations ?
I contacted the Lee support through their website ... quick answer :
The right adapter is not ready so the best is to hang on to mine waiting.

Jérôme