The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Focus speed and accuracy Nikon D850 vs Sony A7RIII

felix5616

when comparing a Nikon D850 and a Sony A7RII, which has faster/more accurate focusing ability, not for sports but for active animals

SrMphoto

when comparing a Nikon D850 and a Sony A7RII, which has faster/more accurate focusing ability, not for sports but for active animals
I own and use/used both. In my experience, D850 autofocusing speed and accuracy are much better. I would not use A7RII for wildlife photography if D810 or D850 are available. A7RIII has an improved autofocus, but it still feels more sluggish and less precise than D850.

felix5616

I own and use/used both. In my experience, D850 autofocusing speed and accuracy are much better. I would not use A7RII for wildlife photography if D810 or D850 are available. A7RIII has an improved autofocus, but it still feels more sluggish and less precise than D850.
Thanks