The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon mirrorless ?

rayyan

Beautiful photography with the Z7.

The only time I came face to face with the Eiger was a safe distance from a restuarant and my hotel balcony!

Whichever face it was, it was super.

Thanks for the link Peter.

Great review from Stephan Wiesner with Z7 and lenses - in German - just to warn you ... but the photos and videos are exceptional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOrKW_elZRI&frags=pl,wn

Just shows this Z7 is a great camera :clap:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Great review from Stephan Wiesner with Z7 and lenses - in German - just to warn you ... but the photos and videos are exceptional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOrKW_elZRI&frags=pl,wn

Just shows this Z7 is a great camera :clap:
It's clearly a great camera, and it's very, very Nikon: You take it to your location, you take your photos, everything works, no fuzz, it's a Nikon.

All the discussions about being 5 years late or lacking feature this or that suddenly become very unimportant. As long as there are photographers around who rely on reliable, high quality camera gear, Nikon will succeed with these products.

etrigan63

As a part-time photography blogger, I occasionally get invited to lesser press events or have to just arrange things myself. That said, I have worked with others of my ilk (to whom this is their day job as opposed to myself) and most of them are more concerned about breaking the story first rather than doing a thorough job. Most of them literally have eight hours to test the camera and submit their report. Since I don't have that kind of pressure (I do this to express my opinions in writing and am not too fussed if no one is listening at the moment), I try to take my time learning a camera before writing about it.

I normally attend PhotoPlus to meet with PR/Marketing types to arrange review samples. Sadly, I cannot go this year because I went on a trip to Japan with my lovely wife and we have no travel budget left for NYC hotels for me. I used to crash at my sister's apartment in Hoboken, but that is no longer available to me as she has moved back down to our family home in Miami, FL.

If anyone can spare a sofa for a couple of nights at the end of October I would greatly appreciate it!

V

Vivek

One thing I am curious about is a tiny vertical slot inside the lens mount, next to the lens release button.

Is that an IR LED to monitor the shutter?

Can’t wait to see the first teardown. :)

jduncan

Beautiful photography with the Z7.

The only time I came face to face with the Eiger was a safe distance from a restaurant and my hotel balcony!

Whichever face it was, it was super.

Thanks for the link Peter.

Hi,

Great picture and composition.
From the examples, I have seen, and the videos, it seems to be something special about this camera's image quality.
I don't know exactly what. Maybe is that it's a little be sharper or colorful or maybe other little change.

Best regards,

Thorkil

Enjoy this sweet time thinking about which to get ;)

Regards.
:) thanks Rayyan, I cancelled the Z7 when I Thursday received a call, "my" Z7 was ready.
Ming Thein changed my mind. I can this way both get some drips from a GFX-50R and at same time get a quick change to a Z6 available, when sizing down to FF 25 Mp. And for now just and only the 24-70/4S while it seems to be that splendid - including the adapter.

JPL

now the nef through lightroom... exported as dng and imported in C1...
Handling of the Z is good, but the body should not be smaller
The finder is good, AF works as intended...
I am now looking forward the hopefully C1 support and time to use it :)
Notthing to regret :)

Attachments

Thorkil

now the nef through lightroom... exported as dng and imported in C1...
Handling of the Z is good, but the body should not be smaller
The finder is good, AF works as intended...
I am now looking forward the hopefully C1 support and time to use it :)
Notthing to regret :)
Very nice pictures!
I have written to Phase One and asked the same question. And asked if the new Fuji-version, which I have downloaded on my maincomputer, also will get updates like the normal C1-version with Z7/Z6.
and then you all can take a look at
https://nikonrumors.com/2018/09/29/the-latest-nikon-z6-z7-reviews.aspx/#more-127729
too.
Some people here are really excited about the Z7 and claim it has higher resolution than the D850 (with the 24-70/4S on!), and is exciting at the same level like when the D3 was launched....
(Andrew Bird - Music Photography - ishootshows.com the pictures there are simply... very, very good)
I'm very childish looking forward to shopping....(I have re-reserved) :angel:

Last edited:

JPL

Well - I build my own opinion - and as I have a D850 as well ....
I will now take my time.... mid october I will be back from my autumn tour to brittany (Bretagne pour le francophones..) ... then I will know!

:)

SrMphoto

If you can get thru this review, he says anyone is 1000% insane to buy this over a D850. Around the 15 minute mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r19prJVWOXA&t=54s
The 'review' link above is from Theoria Apophasis. It would be good if Youtube links would be preceded by the name of the interviewer so that forum members can decide if they want to click on it ;-).

IMO, if choosing to own only one camera, D850 is a better choice. However, I think that in some cases, alone or when paired with other cameras, Z7 is a better choice. See here Brad Hill's opinion why he may replace his D850 with Z7 (while keeping D5 as the main camera).

http://www.naturalart.ca/voice/blog.html (search for 08 Sept 2018 entry)

iiiNelson

The 'review' link above is from Theoria Apophasis. It would be good if Youtube links would be preceded by the name of the interviewer so that forum members can decide if they want to click on it ;-).

IMO, if choosing to own only one camera, D850 is a better choice. However, I think that in some cases, alone or when paired with other cameras, Z7 is a better choice. See here Brad Hill's opinion why he may replace his D850 with Z7 (while keeping D5 as the main camera).

http://www.naturalart.ca/voice/blog.html (search for 08 Sept 2018 entry)
Yeah... that guy hasn’t demonstrated the ability to actually use a camera in real life. Met him a few weeks ago at the local Fuji XT3 event being that he lives in the same town as me and is apart of their marketing team to some extent (not sure if it’s officially or unofficially).

SrMphoto

Yeah... that guy hasn’t demonstrated the ability to actually use a camera in real life. Met him a few weeks ago at the local Fuji XT3 event being that he lives in the same town as me and is apart of their marketing team to some extent (not sure if it’s officially or unofficially).
I assume that you are talking about Ken Wheeler aka Theoria Apophasis, not Brad Hill ;-). (Fuji reference was the hint).

iiiNelson

I assume that you are talking about Ken Wheeler aka Theoria Apophasis, not Brad Hill ;-). (Fuji reference was the hint).
Absolutely... never cared much for his “public access TV” videos to begin with but after getting a glimpse at a few of his images with a Fuji GFX... well they should pay him to NOT use it instead. They were just terrible and yes I knownit definitely wasn’t the camera from using it for myself and seeing the files.