The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon D810 firmware and software questions

jdphoto

I've recently acquired a Nikon D810 with firmware 1.00. I'd like to upgrade the firmware to the current 1.14, but do I need to do this incrementally or can I just proceed with the current version? I'm also looking for the most accurate Raw converter to convert NEF files to DNG, TIFF, etc. for editing in LR, or PS. I'll be using a Color Checker Passport as part of my workflow too. Thanks for any suggestions.

Darin Marcus

I believe you can update the firmware directly to the last version.

If you have third party lenses (Sigma, Tamron, etc.) I recommend you search the internet for potential AF issues with theses lenses and different versions of camera firmware. I only have Nikon AF lenses, but from what I've read some firmware updates may stop third-party lenses from AF. In that case you should update to the last firmware known to still allow those lenses to work.

jdphoto

I appreciate the info Darin. I am using a Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art, which is perfect in AF, even though some users have reported needing fine tuning. Perhaps, I'll stick with this version for now as I don't know of any issues so far with this version.