The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Growing old with my Nikons...

Thorkil

Nice to see you, Rayyan.. :)
Keep on.. with Ayesha and ... Nikon !
I'm growing old too with .. Nikon and ... Irene
KR Thorkil

rayyan

WOW!! Thanks a lot folks :thumbs:

Thorkil wish you long journeys for a long time with Irene and Nikon; in that order. Or should I say Irene and the Z7 :D

Good luck to all of you, whatever you use. And may the Light be always with you all.

Nice to see you, Rayyan.. :)
Keep on.. with Ayesha and ... Nikon !
I'm growing old too with .. Nikon and ... Irene
KR Thorkil

rayyan

Important moments. Moments in my family and friend's lives are the most precious images I capture.
Don't care about anything else. Just the moment.

And my Nikon has been there, with me.

My son's wedding. Their grand uncle, cousins and my sons ( back towards the camera ).

rayyan

And then some moments of adventure. Click! The unmistakable sound of my Nikon's shutter!

Up the hill Mitch!!

Along the face of the Eiger.

Swissblad

Thanks for the walk down memory lane, Rayyan..... your evocative images strike a resonating cord in me.

I still have not been able to part with my FM2 and F3......:thumbup:

Thorkil

WOW!! Thanks a lot folks :thumbs:

Thorkil wish you long journeys for a long time with Irene and Nikon; in that order. Or should I say Irene and the Z7 :D

Good luck to all of you, whatever you use. And may the Light be always with you all.
:eek: thanks Rayyan, perhaps it might be a Z6 instead, while shooting too high might create too high inner expectations, and therefore just in front of you..possibility's of bigger frustrations..so as with every other part of the life one should perhaps think of being modest and a bit humble, and by that part of the field it might even turn out to be the better part to play on..

rayyan

Thanks a lot, friends...:thumbs:

The last film roll I shot with a Nikon Film camera was in London; way back. A Nikon F100...Kodak Portra 160 NC ( IIRC ) Negative film.

We have come a long way from then..( not the Virginia Slims ad!! )

Df in South Africa.

rayyan

There have been thousands of images in between. Here I wanted to show how we grew and came along with our Nikons as we aged. Literally and physically.

Hence I have posted mostly personal images.

I believe the most treasured images are those that are made of friends and family.

In all these years, what are my most treasured images?

Easy one, that.

Those we took ( and make ) of our children's children.

I use a camera for the joy of photography. Nothing has brought me more joy than using my Nikons to capture our intimate and personal images and moments.
And Nikons have been there, almost all the time.

Thank you for viewing.

May you use your cameras for a long time to come, in good health and joy.

rayyan

You Thorkil.

I believe that the first iteration of any new camera tech will have teething problems.

My suggestion would be to wait n see how the new Nikons perform. There maybe
Fw updates...be patient. If you have your money, you can buy it at anytime.

I can understand where the higher amount of pixels might be needed. But around 24mp seems to be a sweet spot for most camera makers and users.

Lower MP translates to more forgiving while in use.

I know that my Df will still be making lovely images irresctive of what is announced by any camera maker..1,2,4,6 years down the road.

Love photography, not the camera. Be patient. You have everything to continue to make excellent images. Don’t let anyone convince you otherwise.

Just look at the images made with any camera prior to these announcements.

Nothing has changed. Except one’s perception of need vs want.

Best regards.

p.s. No AI is going to replace what I envision, it can only make it easier to realize. SIRI, go out n make a landscape of the sunset in xxxx. I refuse to allow SIRI to do that.

:eek: thanks Rayyan, perhaps it might be a Z6 instead, while shooting too high might create too high inner expectations, and therefore just in front of you..possibility's of bigger frustrations..so as with every other part of the life one should perhaps think of being modest and a bit humble, and by that part of the field it might even turn out to be the better part to play on..

Thorkil

Hi Rayyan...
Yes I know you are right, and perhaps I will live as long as there will be no need to hurry.
But I just have this....I grab the Fuji often when I really would have liked to bring the Df, but when its important with a handy-feeling, its the Fuji.
Handling the Z7 with kit-lens confirmed that it suits my hand just as smooth as the X-T2, no rather much more smooth, I just have to say.
So I'm both a tiny bit rational, a lot emotional but must of all I'm just....its hard to define, but a safe grip as safe as a Nikon Dslr, pretty more safe than the Df, and with the X-T2 size (but felt even smaller), combined with my old Nikon trust, the faith of that I can find out of everything (contrary to the Fuji)....that feeling is just warm and nice - Rayyan, I just think I have to try it out,
and soon, I'm just longing, and I'm even ready to get disappointed, even ready to view it just as a rather expensive point & shot camera. Just the kitzoom for a start I think, while I think it perhaps outchallinging the 35 and the 50, considering the colours and the soft/sharp way to render (in short more Df-like it might, but perhaps hard to say by latest pictures at dpreview, but just a hunch) and wait for the wide ones.
So, Rayyan, as you can hear I'm out of sensible and logic reach, and I'm just longing to hold that little handy and nice Nikon-fellow again.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
best thorkil

V

Vivek

If you have your money, you can buy it at anytime.

I can understand where the higher amount of pixels might be needed. But around 24mp seems to be a sweet spot for most camera makers and users.
I agree that 24mp is good.

If you have money (and wait a short while) you can buy a camera at 60% of its debut price. :)

Thorkil

I agree that 24mp is good.

If you have money (and wait a short while) you can buy a camera at 60% of its debut price. :)
Vivek, I'm not sure if 40% lower price will be able to stop my inpatient mind (or perhaps more correct: I'm sure its not enough for the wait...:eek:)