The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Z

Thorkil

twilight - but still missing the C1 support - so still based on jpeg

Z7 with 35/1.8S at iso 110 1/80 f4.5 through C1pro11.3

thorkil

Thorkil

Yes Darin, they finally made it :)...and some difference compared to the jpeg!

Z7 with 35/1.8S at iso 110 1/80 f4.5 from NEF through THE NEW C1pro12 with Z-support - no saturation added but some other small tweaks

..a complete new world (is back)
thorkil

Thorkil

well inspiration seems to getting back in the brain with the new C1 12 version

Z7 with 35/1.8S at iso 250 1/40 f2.8 from NEF through C1pro12

Z7 with 35/1.8S at iso 1000 1/40 f4 from NEF through C1pro12

(IBIS and EFCS on)
thorkil

Thorkil

..in soft light

Nikon Z7 with Tamron 15-30/2.8 VC at 18mm iso1800 1/30(hand) f4 through C1pro12 - IBIS and VC on

thorkil

Thorkil

considering the noise at only iso 1800 in the picture above, even here at iso 1000 some noise at the unprocessed pictures below. A bit disappointed, had expected less noise.

Nikon Z7 with Tamron 15-30VC/2.8 15mm at iso1000 1/30(hand) f8 sized through C1pro12

Nikon Z7 with Tamron 15-30VC/2.8 15mm at iso1000 1/30(hand) f8 crop through C1pro12

thorkil

jdphoto

Intrigued by the Z's, especially to use manual lenses such as the 50mm 1.2 Ai-s. Does the Z show banding and is the dynamic range up to the level of a D810? It's important to be able to preserve highlights, but not show banding when pulling up exposure. Can the Nikon Z effectively compete with a Sony A7R2?
Are you users happy with the Z's?

JPL

Greetings from Bangkok...

The last one is with the first version of the Voigtländer 15 4.5...

Happy holidays

JP

JPL

Again some colours from Bangkok with Z7 - with 24-70 S, 300 PF and 21.2.8 Elmarit Asph M in that order

Thorkil

Intrigued by the Z's, especially to use manual lenses such as the 50mm 1.2 Ai-s. Does the Z show banding and is the dynamic range up to the level of a D810? It's important to be able to preserve highlights, but not show banding when pulling up exposure. Can the Nikon Z effectively compete with a Sony A7R2?
Are you users happy with the Z's?
I'm still happy with my Z7
It feels very mature and very Nikon-secure and -confident.
It feels a bit heavier and bigger than lets say a Fuji X-T2/X-T3 - but that I happily trade in while walking, for the logic, calm, mature and solid feeling, it does what I need and want, and doing it without any fuss or complication, totally with you as your finger command.
With the adapter and 50/1.2 AIS, its no super lightweight, as with a 35/1.8S, while there is some glass in that little /1.2 lens. Focus peaking is insecure I think in first attempt, used one push at magnifying button for better focusing instead, but f1.2 is not the sharpest setting, better stick to f2 further on I think :). Some from this afternoon:

Nikon Z7 with FTZ adapter with Nikkor 50/1.2 AIS at iso 4500 1/2000 f1.2 through C1pro12

Nikon Z7 with FTZ adapter and Nikkor 50/1.2 AIS at iso 64 1/125 f1.2 through C1pro12

thorkil

jdphoto

Thorkil, Thanks for the input. I really like the photo showing fine detail along the tree's edge and at 1.2 shows very little, if any CA. I agree that a few stops from f/1.2 is best with this lens. I found that f/2 is really a sweet spot for this lenses performance. It's such nice build quality, but the native 50mm Z 1.8 is tempting. I'd also be curious using the Nikon 85mm 1.4G on the Z. Thanks again!

JPL

Some more.... lenses as before 15 VC, 21 Elmarit Asph, 35 Summicron, 50 Summicron, 24-70S, 300 PF

JP