The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Alternative Lens Hoods?

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
With the Leica M lenses , we found the very useable Heavystar metal lens hoods. Their advantage is that they are significantly smaller and can easily be left on the lens all the time. As I am putting together a Nikon kit ...mainly for the weather sealing and low light capabilities(not leaving the M world )....I need lens hoods for Zeiss 100/2 (67mm) and the Nikon 85/1.4AF(77).

Right now I am leaning toward the Heavystar 67mm metal hood and the Nikon HN-40 (77mm screw in hood). I want screw in metal hoods if possible.

I realize I will be giving up some optimal shading but when packing a small bag ..those hoods are taking up a lot of room.

Roger