The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I made a mistake,

rayyan

and I am regretting it!

Not ashamed to admit it, but regret my decision to sell my D750 and the 24-120 zoom.

Now what?

Advice...don’t be too hasty to sell your DSLRs. They sell coz there are reasons!

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Errare humanum est

(...) Now what? (...)

I wish I had bought your D750, Rayyan.
In that case you could have had it back now.

I'm still contemplating the D850 if I can afford it in a not too distant future.
Otherwise I'll most likely go with a D750 as the 24x36mm format companion to my APS-C format D500, which in that case I'll keep as the ideal camera for tele and macro purposes with its high pixel density.
I do miss a 'full-frame' camera, so I cannot wait much longer to get one. Besides, I'm a big fan of the rendering of the D750 sensor.

Summa summarum, buying a D750, even if it's for the second time, would in my humble opinion be completely justifiable :lecture:

Photon42

In that case - let's speculate a bit ... against the Fuji, it's gonna be difficult - as I recall he also has a DF (which is unsellable, if this is an English term)

Thorkil

Rayyan, I've heard of a new camera called Z out there :grin: (that I would recommend...you will save weight and get excited at the same time, hard to beat)
(but you won't get mine....:toocool:)(still waiting for C1 update)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
If I should make a post for all pieces of equipment that I regret selling (or buying)... we should have a separate forum for this, a big one.

Rayyan, there's always the option of buying it again, but be warned: The day after you do that, Nikon will launch the D760 and a 20-200mm f/2.8 that is smaller, lighter, sharper and with a nicer bokeh than the lens you sold :ROTFL:

Then there's the Z6. Try it before you buy anything to replace the D750.

rayyan

Thanks guys for your comments.

Yes, I needed the money..but now I miss the DSLR more!
No, I won't go the MF route.

I really like my Fujis..the ergo, the files etc..but I just have a nagging suspicion re: the X-Trans sensor. It could never be the only one camera to carry, for me.
Beside, the XH-1 is not a lightweight when one adds a decent zoom or prime ( 16-55 or the 90 ).

I do love my Df. Shall never sell that. Besides, it is forgiving. And I need a lot of forgiving..and not just with cameras :ROTFL:

Yes, Jorgen. I shall wait for the Z6. Not long to wait either.

Steen, luckily, I sold the D750 without much loss!

Never sell your DSLRs..unless absolutely you are convinced you will never use them!

Best regards.

tcdeveau

You can always repurchase at a later date though....plus, DSLRs generally don't hold value too well, so you can usually repurchase later at a lower price than what you sell.

Of course it may not be your exact camera, and that may or may not matter.

Godfrey

The only camera I've ever regretted selling was my Hasselblad 903SWC in 2004. I corrected that mistake by buying another SWC about nine years later. I don't use it much, but when I do it always makes me very happy.

The Nikon D750 was a good camera, but the Leica SL eclipsed it almost instantly in my use. Sold. I really loved the SL in use, but sold it when I realized I no longer had any need for its broad, high speed feature set, and bulk. I replaced it with the CL. The CL proves to be a nearly ideal match to my needs and use today, along with the M-D.

It's all just equipment and can almost always be easily replaced as needed. Some of it proves inspiring in use, like the SWC and the Pentax-L 43mm Ltd lens that I'm using on the CL now. Those bits I only let go of reluctantly.

G

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
We've all made mistakes like that. However, the newer stuff is always at least as good, and sometimes better. Necessary? Nope, but almost always more than adequate for even less money...

On the upside, you could always use it to justify buying another Df :D

JoelM

Joel - I hope that you've not made any mistakes relating to your avatar; they could be painful !!!
When I was racing, it was always "when", not "if". I've had my fair share of offs which include concussions and broken bones, but definitely worth it. And for those not familiar with falling off a bike or crashing a car, it's not how fast you're going, but how fast you stop. Trust me on that one, I'm a physicist. :ROTFL:

Joel