The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I made a mistake,

Elderly

Apologies for the Off Topic, but I thought that Joel might like to see a 1:8 model of the last motorcycle that I owned (I wish I still had it, except I might be dead if I did) ……. but it was not the last one that that I crashed - that was some modern Japanese bike belonging to an ex-boyfriend of my wifes :D

k-hawinkler

When I was racing, it was always "when", not "if". I've had my fair share of offs which include concussions and broken bones, but definitely worth it. And for those not familiar with falling off a bike or crashing a car, it's not how fast you're going, but how fast you stop. Trust me on that one, I'm a physicist. :ROTFL:

Joel

A physicist in La Jolla? Maybe you have come across Sidney Karin, Larry Smarr https://www.tedmed.com/talks/show?id=18018, or Mike Norman? :grin:

JoelM

Apologies for the Off Topic, but I thought that Joel might like to see a 1:8 model of the last motorcycle that I owned (I wish I still had it, except I might be dead if I did) ……. but it was not the last one that that I crashed - that was some modern Japanese bike belonging to an ex-boyfriend of my wifes :D

Hey Ian,

That's one of the nicest bikes ever made. Yep, I bet you wish you still had it. That's about $50k - $75k here in the states. About as missed as my 1966 Shelby GT350 that I sold for peanuts in the early 80s. :banghead:

When I lived in Ventura County, Jay Leno and friend would drive their Vincents to the Rock Store, a local meeting place, every once in a while. Besides the Brough Superior, Vincents are the best.

Joel

k-hawinkler

Now, I gotta say, Mike Norman rings a bell. I haven't done any theoretical work in years. I have to make a living after all, so I focus on scientific documentation. Theory won't keep you knee deep in bikes and cameras.

Cheers,

Joel
Thanks Joel. You may have a point there. :facesmack: