The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HELP- Need advice on a NIKON FX body.

rollei8is

I an trying to do some food photography. I would like to use a 105mm Nikon AiS MACRO lens.( which I already have).
I am looking suggestions for a FX DSLR body, low MPX. My budget is low, couple of hundred dollars. Several generation back is OK.
This is not a wanted AD. I am looking for different models and benefits.
Thanks.
R-----

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I an trying to do some food photography. I would like to use a 105mm Nikon AiS MACRO lens.( which I already have).
I am looking suggestions for a FX DSLR body, low MPX. My budget is low, couple of hundred dollars. Several generation back is OK.
This is not a wanted AD. I am looking for different models and benefits.
Thanks.
R-----
D700

It's the first generation FX, and although a newer camera than the D3 that shares the sensor, the D700 is usually cheaper. It's an excellent camera although a bit big and heavy. A couple of hundred dollars may be a bit optimistic though.

Swissblad

Another vote for the D700 - an excellent camera - you may need to add some funds though.
Happy hunting.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I had the D700 long ago and I loved this camera! Go for it if you get one for a reasonable price!

Peter

Thorkil

..ad some dollar more and get a used Df, the best sensor in the world, (to me still the best camera in the world too) come from the D4, but perhaps even better processed than the D4
or else stay with a D700 (Df for me is for the life, D700 not, even though I still got it)
thorkil

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Df if you can swing the cost -- great sensor with great ISO and film-like color, plus it looks really retro-cool -- probably around $1000 used. But as others have said, best bang for the least money is the D700.